The Chairity Project – 1 Iconic Chair, 14 Designers, 14 Charities
The Chairity Project Charity Auction – raised $19,626
14 bespoke chairs by Australian and New Zealand designers raised $19,626 for 14 charities.
eBay Charity Auction Letters of Endorsement
eBay Charity Auction Terms and Conditions
Click on the eBay charity auction title below to display the terms that apply to that auction
- The placement of a bid in this auction is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Participation in the auction is open to residents of Australia over the age of 18.
- This auction listing may be restricted to pre-approved bidders only. Bidder Prequalification is a security verification measure given the high profile nature of this auction to protect the Charity from non-genuine bidding.
- The Promoter is Corporate Culture Australia Pty Ltd as Cult Design (ACN 076 716 357) of 21-23 Levey Street Chippendale NSW 2008.
- The item for sale is the chair (“Sale Item”), as more particularly described in the eBay listing and photographs.
- The Promoter’s decision regarding any aspect of this auction is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter acting in good faith, reserves the right not to accept bids from any participant.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any bid not processed due to technical problems or delays.
- If the Sale Item becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel the auction before the auction is complete.
- The winning bidder (“Buyer”) must make payment for the Sale Item by PayPal or Direct Bank Deposit within three (3) working days of the auction.
- Once payment has cleared the Promoter will deliver/arrange collection with the buyer within 10 business days, to the Buyer’s nominated Australian residential address.
- This is a charity auction. All proceeds from this auction will be donated to the relevant charity defined in the eBay listing to be applied for charitable purposes.
- Bid For Good ABN 96 984 486 617 (“Bid For Good”) is the Promoter’s agent managing the auction on behalf of and at the direction of the Promoter with the permission of the relevant charity. A copy of the Charity’s authorisation letter may be viewed above.
- Once received, payment for the Sale Item is non-refundable.
- The Sale Item is non-redeemable for cash or other goods or services.
- The Australian Taxation Office has ruled that donations are not tax-deductible if a person receives goods or services in return for the money given (e.g. the purchase of any items or experiences). For further information, visit the Australian Taxation Office website. Bidders should rely on their own independent financial and taxation advice prior to placing a bid.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
- Except where liability cannot be excluded or limited in accordance with the law, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees, agencies and agents) is not liable under any circumstances whatsoever for any loss, damage, injury or expense whether to people, property or otherwise arising directly or indirectly as a result of the conduct of any third party suppliers, or otherwise as a result of the winning bidder (or nominee) participating in the auction or its use of the Sale Item, including any loss, damage, injury or expense which is due to any negligence of the Promoter.
- Bid For Good is the Promoter’s agent managing the auction on behalf of and at the direction of the Promoter and as such is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for any warranties or guarantees either explicit or implied herein including the quality, safety, or legality of any aspect of the Sale Item listed, the truth or accuracy of the listing or the ability to provide the Sale Item listed.
- No part of the content of this auction or associated pages (including images, video, text, design) may be used without the written permission of the appropriate license holders.