Win Ange’s Shirt
Your chance to own a special piece of Australian Football history.
On the 7th of September, 2016 the Socceroos defeated the UAE by a goal to nil in a furnace at the Mohammed Bin Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi to kick start their World Cup 2018 qualifying campaign.
Coach Ange Postecoglou’s shirt symbolized the struggle Australia had to contend with to walk away with all three points. By full time he and this shirt were drenched in sweat just like the eleven heroic players in green and gold that night.
This shirt comes framed and signed by the coach himself. It would be the perfect accompaniment to any boardroom or football man cave in Australia.
All proceeds will go to White Ribbon Australia which is currently the world’s largest movement of men and boys working to end men’s violence against women and girls, promote gender equality, healthy relationships and a new vision of masculinity.
1. Auction and Promoter
- By participating in the FOX SPORTS Football Auction “Ange’s Shirt” (Auction) and in consideration for the opportunity to win the Auction, each bidder agrees to be bound by and observe these Terms and Conditions. The placement of a bid in the Auction is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter of the Auction is FOX SPORTS Australia Pty Limited (ABN 16 065 445 418) of 4 Broadcast Way, Artarmon NSW 2064 (Promoter). Bid For Good (ABN 96 984 486 617) (Bid For Good) is the Promoter’s representative managing the Auction on behalf of the Promoter with the permission of White Ribbon Australia (ABN 57126739544) (White Ribbon).
- Participation in the Auction is open to permanent residents of Australia aged 18 years or over.
- The bidding period for the Auction commences at 10pm AEDST on Thursday, 3 November 2016 and closes at 10pm AEDST on Sunday, 13 November 2016 (Bidding Period).
- Each bidder must have a registered eBay account to bid in the Auction.
- Bids cannot be retracted once submitted. By making a bid, participants warrant and represent that they have the legal right to enter into and complete the full transaction.
- The Auction may be restricted to prequalified bidders only. Bidders may be required to make an AU$50 PayPal credit card authorisation deposit to Bid For Good’s PayPal account in order to qualify to bid. Bid For Good will void the PayPal credit card authorisation of all non-winning bidders after the close of the Auction. Bidder Pre-qualification is a security measure given the high profile nature of this auction to protect the charity from non-genuine bidding. The Promoter reserves the right to reject requests to bid or cancel already approved bids at its sole discretion.
- Bid For Good may also conduct further screening of bidders, including requesting additional documentation to verify a bidder’s identity, age, place of residence and ability to make payment.
- The Promoter and/or Bid For Good reserves the right to reject a request to bid or to cancel already approved bids in their sole discretion.
3. The Sale Item
- The bidder who bid the highest amount (in Australian dollars) in the Auction at the conclusion of the Bidding Period (the Auction Winner) will receive the framed and signed white shirt worn by Ange Postecoglou at the Mohammed Bin Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi on 7 September 2016 (Sale Item).
- The Auction Winner must pay for the Sale Item by PayPal or Direct Bank Deposit within 24 hours of the conclusion of the Auction.
- The Promoter will send the Sale Item to the Auction Winner following receipt of cleared payment.
- The proceeds from this Auction net of merchant fees (if applicable) will be donated to White Ribbon to be applied for charitable purposes. White Ribbon is a registered charity in the State of New South Wales and holds a charitable fundraising licence.
- Bidders acknowledge that bidding in the Auction is subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third party suppliers, including Bid For Good and eBay. Bidders must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to bidding. The Promoter does not accept responsibility and is not liable for any conditions imposed on bidding or the taking of the Sale Item by any other third party supplier, or the breach of those conditions by any person.
4. Limitation of Liability
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded (including as set out under paragraph 4.3), the Promoter, its related corporations and associated agencies (and any of their personnel) exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any bidder (including the Auction) in connection with the Auction, including, without limitation: (i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of the Promoter, its related corporations and associated agencies (and any of their personnel); and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death.
- No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter or its authorised agents for lost, ineligible, misdirected or late bids due to technical reasons or any other reason. Bids that are not genuine or are incomplete, late or in any way fraudulent will be declared void.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies, or purports to limit, exclude or modify, the statutory implied guarantees/warranties as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth), including the statutory consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law, or similar laws in the States and Territories of Australia.
- Bid For Good is managing the auction on behalf of and at the direction of the Promoter and as such is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for any warranties or guarantees either explicit or implied herein including the quality, safety, or legality of any aspect of the Sale Item listed, the truth or accuracy of the listing or the ability to provide the Sale Item listed.
- Acceptance of the Sale Item constitutes consent on the Auction Winner’s part to allow the use of the Auction Winner’s name, image, voice and/or likeness by the Promoter for production, editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes (including but not limited to, appearing in FOX SPORTS Football programs that will be broadcast on FOX SPORTS) without further compensation except where prohibited by law.
- No correspondence will be entered into and the Promoter’s decision is final and binding.
- If for any reason the Auction is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the fairness or integrity or proper conduct of the Auction, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend the Auction.
- The Australian Taxation Office has ruled that donations are not tax-deductible if a person receives goods or services in return for the money given (e.g. the purchase of any items or Sale Items). For further information, visit the Australian Taxation Office website. Bidders should rely on their own independent financial and taxation advice prior to placing a bid. The Auction Winner is advised that tax implications may arise from the Sale Item and should seek independent financial and taxation advice prior to their acceptance of the Sale Item. The Auction Winner is responsible for all taxes which may be payable as consequence of receiving the Sale Item.
- If you require any further entry information, please write to FOX SPORTS Australia Pty Limited ABN 16 065 445 418 at 4 Broadcast Way, Artarmon NSW 2064.