The Mark Hughes Foundation (MHF) is a not for profit organisation formed in Newcastle by Mark and Kirralee Hughes following Marks diagnosis with Brain Cancer in 2013. Mark is a well known and highly respected former Newcastle Knights Rugby League player, business and community identity who is undergoing treatment to fight brain cancer.
The Mark Hughes Foundation has been formed to raise much needed funds to promote research, heighten awareness and support brain cancer patients (children and adults) and their families within the community.
View the Mark Hughes Foundation Letter of Fundraising Approval
Paul Harragon, Matty & Joey Johns, Matt Gidley, Danny Buderus, Bill Peden, Brad Godden, Adam MacDougall, Steve Crowe, Mark Hughes and legendary Grand Final Coach Mal Reilly are set to take on Mount Everest Base Camp, leaving Australia on the 14th October 2017. If you are the successful highest bidder, you and a friend will be sent on this experience that you will never forget.
Win a table for 10 in the immortals room. A pre-game tour with an NRL Ambassador of the team sheds before the game. Your favourite team's jersey and an experience of a lifetime on field with the pre-match entertainment.
With unique cruises and onboard experiences designed for modern Australians, it's no wonder that P&O Cruises is one of Australia’s favourite cruise lines. Take the stress and hidden costs out of your holiday. Auction item includes main meals, entertainment, activities, and accommodation.
Oceanview rooms feature a window or porthole so you won’t miss a single ocean view. With all the action on deck, it’s nice to know there’s a cosy, clean sanctuary with your name on it, equipped with everything you need.
Your chance to own a piece of future immortal, JT’s legacy. Johnathan being 1 of 6 NRL players to be in the 2000 club.
An item to boast about for years to come.
See Billy Joel Live In New York
Win two concert tickets to see the legendary Billy Joel live in concert at Madison Square Garden, New York City on 30 September 2017.
The prize donated by Sony Music Australia and Qantas in association with Show Group Enterprises includes 2 Qantas Economy return flights from Sydney, 4 nights' accommodation at the Public Hotel 215 Chrystie Street, New York, NY 10002, car transfers (to and from airport to hotel only) and Sony Music Australia will also include Billy’s extensive catalogue of CDs and DVDs.
See Billy Joel Live in New York
A Few Things to Note
- Two return Qantas economy tickets departing Sydney September 28th and departing New York on October 2nd 2017.
- Only available for Billy Joel concert on September 30th 2017
- Seating area within Madison Square Garden, category A tickets
- No upgrade permitted on flights
- Both participants must be aged over 18 years
- Both participants must travel together to and from Sydney
- Public Hotel 215 Chrystie St, New York NY 10002 twin share accommodation (room only) from 28th September to 2nd October 2017
- New York Airport pickup/drop-off service provided by Sony Music
- Visas, Passports and Travel Insurance are the Participants' responsibility
For clarification, the Seller will end this auction on Thursday 25th May 9:30pm (AEST) and be sold to the highest bidder at the current bid price as at Thursday 25th May 9:30pm AEST in line with the terms and conditions in the listing description above.
- No upgrade permitted on flights. Qantas flights are subject to the Qantas Conditions of Carriage and subject to availability at the time of booking
- The final winning bid will be announced during the NRL Footy Show.
- Only pre-approved bidders may participate in this auction. Register for pre-approval at www.bidforgood.com.au/pre-approval.
- Registration for this auction will close on Thursday 25th May at 9:15pm (AEST)
Terms and Conditions
- The item for sale is the return trip for two (2) adults to New York to attend the Billy Joel Concert on 30 September 2017 at Madison Square Garden and four (4) nights' twin share stay at Public Hotel, 125 Chrystie Street, New York more particularly described in the eBay listing and photograph (“Experience”).
- The Promoter of the Experience is Nine Network Australia Pty Ltd ABN 88 008 685 407 (“The Promoter”). The third-party providers of the Experience are Sony Music Entertainment Australia Pty Limited ACN 107 133 184 ("Sony Music"), Qantas Airways Ltd ACN 16 009 661 901 (Qantas) and Sony Music's agent, Show Group Enterprises Pty Ltd ABN
86 070 810 703 ("Show Group"). Your participation in this auction constitutes acceptance of:
- these terms and conditions
- eBay’s terms and conditions
- Bid For Good ABN 96 984 486 617 (“Bid For Good”) is the Promoter’s agent managing the auction on behalf of and at the direction of the Promoter with the permission of the Mark Hughes Foundation (HMRI), which is auspiced by the Hunter Medical Research Institute ABN 27 081 436 919 to fundraise (“The Charity”).
- The auction is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over. The Promoter and Bid for Good may restrict the auction at any time, at their discretion, to prequalified bidders, as per clause 5.
- Bidding above $1,000 may be limited to pre-qualified bidders. If pre-qualification is put into place, bidders may be required to make an AU$50 PayPal authorisation deposit to Bid For Good’s PayPal account in order to qualify to bid. The authorisation deposit will be deducted and held by PayPal for the duration of the auction, however, after the close of the auction Bid For Good will void the PayPal authorisation of all non winning bidders (and the deposit will be released) and void the PayPal authorisation of the winning bidder following receipt of full cleared payment from the winning bidder.
- The Promoter may, at any time and in its reasonable discretion, also conduct further screening of bidders, including requesting additional documentation on a bidder’s ability to make payment or a bidder’s location. Only genuine bids and bidders with sufficient funds to purchase the item (at the highest amount that they choose to bid) are allowed.
- The Promoter reserves the right to reject a request to bid or to cancel already approved bids in its sole discretion, acting reasonably, where it believes a breach of these Terms and Conditions has occurred.
- The Promoter’s decision regarding any aspect of this auction is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be responsible for any bid that is not processed due to technical problems or delays.
- By making a bid, the bidder warrants that:
- It/he/she has read and understands these terms;
- It/he/she has full authority to engage in the transaction;
- All information provided to Bid For Good or the Promoter is true and complete;
- Their bid is genuine and the bidder has sufficient funds to purchase and make payment for the item at the highest price they bid;
- It/he/she did not rely on any representations made by Bid For Good or the Promoter other than as made on this eBay listing.
- The auction will commence at 9:30pm (AEST) on Thursday 18 May 2017 and conclude at 9.30pm (AEST) on Thursday 25 May 2017. The bidder who places the highest bid as at the end of the auction will be deemed to be the winning bidder, subject to verification (“Buyer”). The Buyer must make payment of the balance for the Experience by PayPal or Direct Bank Deposit into the account nominated by the Promoter within three (3) working days of the completion of the auction. PayPal payments attract a merchant fee from PayPal which will be deducted from the winning bid before proceeds are remitted to the Charity, however if the winning bidder pays by bank transfer then this will avoid any such merchant fees being deducted. Full payment instructions will be provided to the Buyer at the conclusion of the auction. If payment is not made by this time, without prejudice to any of its other accrued or contingent rights and subject to the applicable laws, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion:
- cancel any uncompleted contract with the Buyer and re-commence the auction;
- cancel any uncompleted contract with the Buyer and enter into discussions with the next highest bidder;
- charge the Buyer for, and the Buyer must indemnify the Promoter from, all costs and expenses (including without limitation all legal costs and expenses) incurred by it resulting from the default or in taking action to enforce compliance with the terms.
- The Promoter will issue a tax invoice in the Buyer’s name for the winning bid amount (“Sale Price”).
- Following cleared payment the Buyer will receive confirmation from the Promoter with all details including contacts necessary for the Buyer and his/her travel companion ("the Participants") to redeem the Experience.
- Subject to clause 15, payment for this item is non-refundable.
- If the Experience (or an element of the Experience) is unavailable, the Promoter, Sony Music and/or Show Group, in their absolute discretion, reserve the right to substitute the Experience (or that element of the Experience) with an experience to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from any relevant regulatory authority.
- Spending money, meals, insurance, taxes (other than airline/airport taxes), transport to and from departure points (other than to and from airport and hotel in New York), transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Travel must be taken between 28 September 2017 and 2 October 2017 on the exact dates specified by Sony Music.
- It is the Participants' responsibility to obtain any necessary visas, passports and other documentation for travel, at their own cost.
- The Participants must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together.
- The Participants may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check-in.
- Itinerary to be determined by the Sony Music, Qantas & Show Group in their absolute discretion.
- By participating in this auction, the Participants accept full responsibility for their decision to participate in the Experience and hold the Promoter, Sony Music, Qantas and Show Group and their agents harmless from any loss, injury, damage, cost, liability or expense suffered or incurred by a participant in connection with participating in this auction or the Experience.
- As a condition of redeeming the Experience, the Participants must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by The Promoter, Sony Music and their agents in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- Frequent flyer points will not form part of the Sale Item.
- If for any reason a Participant does not take the Experience (or an element of the Experience) at/by the time stipulated to them, then the Experience (or that element of the Experience) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
- No compensation will be payable or alternative item provided if the Participant is unable to participate in the Experience as stated and provided.
- All proceeds from the auction of the Experience (excluding any charges payable to PayPal on the Sale Amount) will be paid into an account held by the Charity once Bid For Good receives confirmation of the Participants' bookings from Show Group.
- The Australian Taxation Office has ruled that donations are not tax-deductible if a person receives goods or services in return for the money given (e.g. the purchase of any items or experiences). For further information, visit the Australian Taxation Office website. Bidders should rely on their own independent financial and taxation advice prior to placing a bid.
- Nothing in these terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the auction or the supply of the Experience (including but not limited to the Buyer’s or any other person’s assembly or acceptance/use of the Experience).
- If this auction is interfered with in anyway or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorized intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the auction, as appropriate.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and Bid For Good are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for any warranties or guarantees either explicit or implied herein including the quality, safety, or legality of any aspect of the Experience listed, the truth or accuracy of the listing or the ability to provide the Experience listed.
- The personal information you provide may be collected by and disclosed to the Promoter. The Promoter may use this information to conduct this auction and provide the Buyer with the Experience. If you have consented, the Promoter may also contact you with marketing material that may interest you in the future. For these purposes, the Promoter may also disclose such personal information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, prize suppliers and service providers. Participation in the auction is conditional on providing the requested personal information. Personal information collected from entrants will not be disclosed to any entity located outside of Australia.
- No part of the content of this auction or associated pages (including photos, video, text, design) may be used without the written permission of the appropriate license holders.