eBay Charity Auction Letter of Endorsement
Bid For Good Letter of Endorsement from Riding for the Disabled Association of Victoria – click here
Terms and Conditions
Click on the relevant eBay charity auction title below to display the terms that apply to that auction
Ownerforaday Queensland Derby Racing Experience
- The placement of a bid in this auction is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Participation in the auction is open to residents of Australia over the age of 18.
- The item for sale is the Ownerforaday experience (“Sale Item”), as more particularly described below (the “Experience”).
- The Experience includes the following:
- return economy flights from Sydney or Melbourne to Brisbane for one adult on June 7, 2014 – courtesy of Inglis
- One night’s accommodation for one adult at the Hotel Grand Chancellor in Brisbane on June 7, 2014, including breakfast – courtesy of Inglis
- Brisbane Racing Club members’ enclosure ticket and admittance into the mounting yard enclosure for one adult with the connections of Sonntag for the Queensland Derby at Eagle Farm on June 7, 2014 courtesy of the Brisbane Racing Club
- $250 each way bet on Sonntag on the tote in the Queensland Derby courtesy of TattsBet.
- Two adults to attend the Racing Victoria function on Caulfield Guineas Day at Caulfield on October 18, 2014, including food and beverage, and venue admittance, courtesy of Racing Victoria
- The Promoter’s decision regarding any aspect of this auction is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter acting in good faith, reserves the right not to accept bids from any participant.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any bid not processed due to technical problems or delays.
- If the Sale Item becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel the auction before the auction is complete.
- The winning bidder (“Buyer”) must make payment for the Sale Item by PayPal within one business day of the auction.
- Once payment has cleared the Promoter will liaise with the Buyer promptly to obtain details needed to redeem each element of the Experience, in particular the flights, accommodation included in the Experience.
- For clarification, transportation includes return economy flights from the Buyer’s choice of Melbourne or Sydney airport to Brisbane airport. Hotel transfers and other transportation is not included.
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
- Participants cannot change, vary, substitute or extend any element of the Experience (in whole or in part).
- The Providers reserve the right to ask Participants to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at or prior to the time of redemption of the Experience. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Providers. Participants must also comply with the Providers’ Conditions of Entry as updated from time to time.
- No compensation will be payable if the Participant is unable to participate in the Experience as stated and provided.
- If for any reason the Participants do not take the Experience at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Experience will be forfeited by the Participants and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the Experience. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Experience or any element thereof for an experience of comparable value.
- The Promoter reserves the right to ask a Participant to sign a release as a condition of participating in the Experience.
- Participants are responsible for all expenses not stated including, without limitation, transportation (other than specified), accommodation, insurances (including health) surcharges, parking fees, spending money, meals (other than specified), incidentals, items of a personal nature and all other ancillary costs.
- By participating in the Experience, participants accept full responsibility for their decision to participate in the Experience and hold the Promoter harmless from any loss, injury, damage, cost, liability or expense suffered or incurred by a Participant in connection with participating in the Experience.
- All elements of the Experience are subject to availability with no cash alternative and the Experience is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The Sale Item is non-redeemable for cash or other goods or services.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
- Except where liability cannot be excluded or limited in accordance with the law, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees, agencies and agents) is not liable under any circumstances whatsoever for any loss, damage, injury or expense whether to people, property or otherwise arising directly or indirectly as a result of the conduct of any third party suppliers, or otherwise as a result of the winning bidder (or nominee) participating in the auction or its use of the Sale Item, including any loss, damage, injury or expense which is due to any negligence of the Promoter.
- This is a charity auction. The proceeds from this auction net of 6.5% agency fee will be donated to Riding For the Disabled Association Victoria (ABN 20 130 814 132) (the “Charity”) to be applied for charitable purposes. The Charity is a registered charity in the State of Victoria and holds a charitable fundraising licence in this State.
- Bid For Good (ABN 96984486617) (“Bid For Good”) has been authorised by the Charity to conduct this auction. A copy of the Charity’s authorisation letter may be viewed by clicking this link.
- Bid For Good is the Promoter’s agent managing the auction on behalf of and at the direction of the Charity and as such is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for any warranties or guarantees either explicit or implied herein including the quality, safety, or legality of any aspect of the Sale Item listed, the truth or accuracy of the listing or the ability to provide the Sale Item listed.
- No part of the content of this auction or associated pages (including images, video, text, design) may be used without the written permission of the appropriate license holders.