The Crosstrail Comp Disc features reliable components, like the
50mm-travel fork featuring lockout, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes,
and SRAM X7 rear derailleur.
- Smooth-welded M4 Premium Aluminium disc frame plus custom Suntour
NCXi 50mm-travel fork with lockout for lightweight confidence on
any surface, with fender/rack braze-ons for versatility
- SRAM 2X10 crankset with 48/32 rings for lightweight, wide-range
gearing and spot-on shifting every time
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes assure solid, worry-free braking
performance under any conditions
- SRAM 2X10 drivetrain plus SRAM X7 10-speed rear derailleur provide
crisp shifting and reliable performance
- Sporty yet comfortable Body Geometry Targa Comp fitness saddle
with light, durable hollow Cr-Mo rails
Spirit of Tasmania is proudly supporting Tour de Cure – a cycling foundation
dedicated to raising funds and awareness in the fight against cancer.
Show your support by bidding on this Spirit of Tasmania branded Specialized
Crosstrail Comp Disc bike, ridden on board during the overnight sailing
from Melbourne to Devonport, Tasmania on 3 to 4 April 2014. The bike
will be signed by Channel 7’s Mark Beretta, and all funds raised from
the auction will go directly to Tour de Cure. The signature Tour de
Cure team started their ride on Friday 28 March from Sydney and are
making their way down to Hobart via Spirit of Tasmania over 10 huge
days! They will cycle 1,576km before they reach the finish line on Sunday
6 April. To keep the wheels spinning on the Sydney to Hobart signature
tour, the ride continues on board Spirit of Tasmania with two stationary
bikes setup on Deck 7, and one is being auctioned off right here! Along
with the bike, the winning bidder will receive the Tour de Cure bib
knicks and jersey.
Tour de Cure annually selects and funds cancer projects in the following
- Research projects focused on finding cancer breakthroughs
- Support projects for those suffering with the journey of cancer
- Prevention projects that are focused on education and awareness
This year Tour de Cure is raising funds for world leading research,
to find cancer breakthroughs, as well as vital support and prevention
Terms and Conditions
- The placement of a bid in this auction is deemed acceptance
of these Terms and Conditions.
- Participation in the auction is open to residents of Australia
over the age of 18.
- The item for sale is the signed bicycle, Tour de Cure bib,
knicks and jersey (“Sale Item”), as more particularly described
in the eBay listing and photographs.
- The seller and promoter of the Sale Item is TT-Line
Company Pty Ltd trading as Spirit of Tasmania (ABN 39 061 996
174) of The Esplanade East Devonport Tasmania 7310 (“Promoter”).
- The Promoter’s decision regarding any aspect of this auction
is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter acting in good faith, reserves the right not
to accept bids from any participant.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any bid not processed
due to technical problems or delays.
- If the Sale Item becomes unavailable for reasons beyond
the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel
the auction before the auction is complete.
- The winning bidder (“Buyer”) must make payment for the Sale
Item by PayPal or Direct Bank Deposit within three (3) working
days of the auction.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request that the Buyer
provide proof of identity, proof of residency and / or proof
of age in order prior to accepting payment for the Sale Item.
- Once payment has cleared the Promoter will post the Sale
Item to the Buyer within 10 days of the auction closing, to
the Buyer’s nominated Australian residential address. The Promoter
will only use the buyer’s details for the purposes of fulfilment
of the Sale Item, after which all details will be shredded.
- This is a charity auction. All proceeds from this auction
will be donated to Tour de Cure Ltd (ABN 56
302 713 357) (the “Charity”) to be applied for charitable purposes.
The Charity is a registered charity in the State of NSW and
holds a charitable fundraising licence in this State. The Promoter
and the Promoter’s agent has been authorised by the Charity
to conduct this auction. A copy of the Charity’s authorisation
letter may be viewed by clicking this
- Once received, payment for the Sale Item is non-refundable.
- The Sale Item is non-redeemable for cash or other goods
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or
modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory
consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer
Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC
Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories
of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
- Except where liability cannot be excluded or limited in
accordance with the law, the Promoter (including its respective
officers, employees, agencies and agents) is not liable under
any circumstances whatsoever for any loss, damage, injury or
expense whether to people, property or otherwise arising directly
or indirectly as a result of the conduct of any third party
suppliers, or otherwise as a result of the winning bidder (or
nominee) participating in the auction or its use of the Sale
Item, including any loss, damage, injury or expense which is
due to any negligence of the Promoter.
- Bid For Good (ABN 96984486617) (“Bid For Good”) is the Promoter’s
agent managing the auction on behalf of and at the direction
of the Promoter and as such is not responsible for any
errors or omissions or for any warranties or guarantees either
explicit or implied herein including the quality, safety, or
legality of any aspect of the Sale Item listed, the truth or
accuracy of the listing or the ability to provide the Sale Item
- Bid For Good is performing a management service on behalf
of and at direction of the Promoter and as such is not responsible
for any errors or omissions or for any warranties or guarantees
either explicit or implied herein.
- No part of the content of this auction or associated pages
(including images, video, text, design) may be used without
the written permission of the appropriate license holders.