Coca-Cola eBay Auction for The Wayside Chapel
This auction raised $100,700 for The Wayside Chapel
The iconic neon ‘Coke sign’ that has taken pride of place at the top of William Street in Kings Cross for more than four decades is up for auction with all proceeds going to charity.
Each letter of the classic Coca-Cola script sign will be auctioned off separately.
All auction proceeds will go to help another Kings Cross icon, local charity The Wayside Chapel, continue their great work. They have been helping people in need in the Kings Cross area for more than 50 years. View The Wayside Chapel Authority to Fundraise – Click Here
- The item for sale is the individual letter from the old Kings Cross Coca-Cola sign described in this listing (“Sale Item”), as more particularly described in the eBay listing and photographs.
- The terms of the auction also include eBay’s terms and conditions.
- The placement of a bid in this auction is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Coca-Cola South Pacific Pty Limited (ABN 50 003 029 794), GPO Box 388, North Sydney, NSW 2059.
- Bid For Good ABN 96 984 486 617 (“Bid For Good”) is the Promoter’s agent managing the auction on behalf of and at the direction of the Promoter with the permission of Wayside Chapel ABN 77 406 918 553 (“the Charity”).
- This auction listing will be restricted to pre-approved bidders only. Bidder Pre-qualification is a security verification measure given the high profile nature of this auction to protect the Charity from non-genuine bidding. Bidders may be required to make an AU$50 PayPal authorisation deposit to Bid For Good’s PayPal account in order to qualify to bid. After the close of the auction, Bid For Good will void the PayPal authorisation of all non-winning bidders. The winning bidder’s authorisation will be voided once cleared payment for the Sale Item is received.
- The Promoter acting in good faith, reserves the right not to accept bids from any participant.
- The Promoter may also conduct further screening of bidders, including requesting additional documentation on a bidder’s ability to make payment or a bidder’s location.
- By making a bid, the bidder warrants that:
- It/he/she has read and understands these terms;
- It/he/she has full authority to engage in the transaction;
- All information provided to Bid For Good or the Promoter is true and complete;
- It/he/she did not rely on any representations made by Bid For Good or the Promoter other than as made on this eBay listing.
- The Promoter’s decision regarding any aspect of this auction is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any bid not processed due to technical problems or delays.
- If the Sale Item becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel the auction before the auction is complete.
- The winning bidder (“Buyer”) must make payment of the balance for the Sale Item by PayPal or Direct Bank Deposit into the account nominated by the Promoter within three (3) working days of the completion of the auction. If payment is not made by this time, without prejudice to any of its other accrued or contingent rights, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion:
- cancel any uncompleted contract with the Buyer and re-commence the auction;
- cancel any uncompleted contract with the Buyer and enter into discussions with the next highest bidder;
- charge the Buyer for, and the Buyer must indemnify the Promoter from, all costs and expenses (including without limitation all legal costs and expenses) incurred by it resulting from the default or in taking action to enforce compliance with the terms.
- The Charity will issue a tax invoice in the Buyer’s name for the winning bid amount (“Sale Price”). The invoice will show the Sale Price which includes GST, as well as costs incurred in conducting the auction and any bank fees and charges payable to PayPal on the sale amount if PayPal is used as method of payment.
- Once payment has cleared the Promoter will arrange the dispatch of the Sale Item via direct liaison with the warehouse distribution centre.
- This is a charity auction. All proceeds from this auction will be donated to the Charity to be applied for charitable purposes. The Charity is a registered charity in the State of NSW and holds a charitable fundraising licence in this State. A copy of the Charity’s authorisation letter may be viewed by clicking this link.
- Once received from the Promoter’s agent, payment for the Sale Item is non-refundable.
- The Sale Item is non-redeemable for cash or other goods or services.
- The Australian Taxation Office has ruled that donations are not tax-deductible if a person receives goods or services in return for the money given (e.g. the purchase of any items or experiences). For further information, visit the Australian Taxation Office website. Bidders should rely on their own independent financial and taxation advice prior to placing a bid.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
- Except where liability cannot be excluded or limited in accordance with the law, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees, agencies and agents) is not liable under any circumstances whatsoever for any loss, damage, injury or expense whether to people, property or otherwise arising directly or indirectly as a result of the conduct of any third party suppliers, or otherwise as a result of the winning bidder (or nominee) participating in the auction or its use of the Sale Item, including any loss, damage, injury or expense which is due to any negligence of the Promoter.
- Bid For Good is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for any warranties or guarantees either explicit or implied herein including the quality, safety, or legality of any aspect of the Sale Item listed, the truth or accuracy of the listing or the ability to provide the Sale Item listed.
- If this auction is interfered with in anyway or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorized intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the auction, as appropriate.
- Each bidder agrees that, in the event they are the winner bidder, they will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the auction as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
- No part of the content of this auction or associated pages (including images, video, text, design) may be used without the written permission of the appropriate license holders
- The Coca-Cola Company is the sole and exclusive owner of the Coca-Cola trade mark. The Buyer agrees that the letter or letters will not be used for commercial purposes unless permission is granted by The Coca-Cola Company. Further, the Buyer agrees not to use the letters or letters in a way that denigrates or diminishes the rights or reputation of The Coca-Cola Company or its subsidiaries.