Volkswagen Group Australia is delighted to announce the launch of our first national charity partnership with Cancer Council, Australia's leading cancer charity.
Cancer Council is the only charity in Australia that covers every aspect of every cancer, from research to prevention and support services. Our partnership will help Cancer Council continue their life-saving work, moving towards their vision of a cancer free future.
To initiate the partnership, we are auctioning this unique 2019 Volkswagen Golf GTI, with vinyl wrap designed by artist Jason Woodside. All proceeds will go directly to Cancer Council.
In May 2019, the iconic Golf GTI became the canvas for acclaimed artist Jason Woodside. The result is both breathtaking and totally unique. The classic design and spine-tingling performance of the Golf GTI, displayed like never before with vivid bands of colour and pattern.
Jason Woodside is a visual artist specializing in painting with acrylics and aerosols. Currently living in Southern California, Woodside began his career in New York City, attending the School of Visual Arts in the early 2000's.
His work is characterized by vivid colors and fades with contrasting bands of patterns and shapes. Taking inspiration from textiles, light and nature, Woodside plays with various bold textures and public exterior settings to generate visual cohesion and optimistic emotions.
This Golf GTI is a 7 speed DSG with a 2.0L TSI engine which produces 180kW 1370 nM.
RRP AU $52,390.
It includes the following features:
- Front Assist with City Emergency Brake (City EB) and Pedestrian Monitoring*
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Lane Assist with adaptive lane guidance*
- Traffic Jam Assist and Emergency Assist*
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert*
- Active Info Display
- Adaptive chassis control
- GTI body styling
- LED headlights and Light Assist
- Leather sports multi-function steering wheel
- Electrically foldable exterior mirrors
- Rear View Camera (RVC) and Park Assist with manoeuvre braking*
- Keyless Access, keyless entry and starting system
The vehicle also includes the following optional packages:
Optional Sound & Style Package
19" Brescia alloy wheels, 9.2" satellite navigation, Gesture Control, Voice Control and Dynaudio Excite 400W premium audio system.
Optional Luxury Package
Vienna leather appointed upholstery#, heated front seats, electrically adjustable driver's seat with memory function, exterior mirrors with memory function and panoramic electric glass sunroof.
*Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices.
~App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately).
#Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather
Terms and Conditions
- The item for sale is a 2019 Golf GTI 7 Speed DSG valued at RRP AU $52,390, in the colour of Pure White, with 100% removable vinyl-wrap artwork, more particularly described in the eBay listing and photographs ("Sale Item"). At the time of accepting the sale item, the Buyer is required to indicate whether they wish to receive the Sale Item with or without the artwork. If the Buyer opts to receive the Sale Item with the artwork then Volkswagen will provide the Sale Item with the artwork. If the Buyer opts to have the artwork removed then the Buyer does so at their cost and risk and provides the Promoter and Volkswagen with an indemnity with respect to any liability that may arise from the removal of the artwork.
- The item for sale includes all on road costs including 12 months registration, 12 months compulsory third party insurance, stamp duty and other applicable charges including dealer delivery and administration charges.
- The owner and seller of the Sale Item is Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd ABN 14 093 117 876.
- Cancer Council Australia ABN 91 130 793 725 is the Promoter of this auction. ("the Promoter"). The Promoter is a registered charity in all States and Territories of Australia and holds a charitable fundraising licence.
- Bid For Good ABN 96 984 486 617 ("Bid For Good") is the Promoter's agent managing the auction on behalf of and at the direction of the Promoter.
- The auction will commence at 8.00pm (AEST) on 26th August 2019 and close at 8.00pm (AEST) on 5th September 2019.
- The auction is restricted to bidders that are 18 years or over and are physically located in Australia only.
- There will be a reserve of AU $40,000 in respect of the Sale Item.
- Bidders may be required to make an AU$50 PayPal authorisation deposit to Bid For Good's PayPal account in order to qualify to bid. After the close of the auction, Bid For Good will void the PayPal authorisation of all non-winning bidders and accept the AU$50 payment from the winning bidder. This amount will not be refunded but will be deducted from the amount payable for the Sale Item.
- Bid For Good may also conduct further screening of bidders, including requesting additional documentation on a bidder's ability to make payment or a bidder's location.
- A bid is a legally binding contract.
- The Promoter reserves the right to reject a request to bid or to cancel already approved bids in their sole discretion.
- The Promoter's decision regarding any aspect of this auction is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any bid that is not processed due to technical problems or delays.
- By making a bid, the bidder warrants that;
- It/he/she has read and understands these terms;
- It/he/she has full authority to engage in the transaction;
- All information provided to Bid For Good or the Promoter is true and complete;
- It/he/she did not rely on any representations made by Bid For Good or the Promoter other than as made on this eBay listing.
- It/he/she agrees to be bound to make payment if its eBay ID is the highest bidder, even if a higher bid has been removed, resulting in the bidder being the winning bidder.
- The terms of the auction also take into account eBay's terms and conditions.
- The winning bidder ("Buyer") must make payment of the balance for the Sale Item by PayPal or Direct Bank Deposit into the account nominated by the Promoter within three (3) working days of the completion of the auction. If payment is not made by this time, without prejudice to any of its other accrued or contingent rights, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion:
- cancel any uncompleted contract with the Buyer and re-commence the auction;
- cancel any uncompleted contract with the Buyer and enter into discussions with the next highest bidder;
- charge the Buyer for, and the Buyer must indemnify the Promoter from, all costs and expenses (including without limitation all legal costs and expenses) incurred by it resulting from the default or in taking action to enforce compliance with the terms.
- The Promoter will issue a tax invoice in the Buyer's name for the winning bid amount ("Sale Price"). The invoice will show the Sale Price which includes GST and Luxury Car Tax (LCT), if applicable, but excludes on road costs.
- The Sale Price will be held on trust until the Sale Item is delivered to the Buyer.
- The Sale Item is non-redeemable for cash or other goods or services.
- Subject to clause 29, payment for this item is non-refundable.
- If the Sale Item becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter will notify the Buyer and the Sale Price will be refunded to the Buyer.
- The Buyer will be responsible for all taxes or statutory charges applicable in their state of registration.
- The Buyer must have a current valid Australian State or Territory driver's license (which is not under suspension or cancellation) recognised in Australia and able to be used to register a car in Australia.
- If the Buyer is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the Sale Item in their own name, then the Buyer may assign the Sale Item to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the Buyer and the assignee. The Buyer must provide the Promoter with certified copies of all required documentation as required by the Promoter before the Sale Item is delivered.
- Any period or date for delivery of the Sale Item stated by the Promoter is an estimate only and not a contractual commitment.
- The Promoter will use its reasonable endeavours to meet any estimated dates for delivery of the Sale Item but will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Buyer or any third party for failure to meet any estimated date.
- The Buyer is responsible for the collection and all costs associated with the collection of the Sale Item. The Buyer will be required to contact Volkswagen to arrange for the collection of the Sale Item. The Buyer will be required to collect the Sale Item vehicle from the Buyer's nearest Volkswagen dealership or such other Volkswagen dealership as notified by the Promoter or Volkswagen to the Buyer within 28 days of its availability.
- If delivery is not accepted by the Buyer, through no fault of the Promoter or Bid For Good, within 28 days of being advised that the Sale Item is ready for delivery, the Buyer is deemed to have taken delivery of the Sale Item and is liable for storage charges payable monthly on demand.
- The risk in the Sale Item and all insurance responsibility for theft, damage or otherwise will pass to the Buyer immediately on the Sale Item being delivered to the Buyer, collected from the Volkswagen dealership premises on behalf of the Buyer or when delivery is deemed to have occurred under clause 28.
- Any vehicle optional extras or accessories, comprehensive insurance and any other insurance not stated as included in the Sale Item, personal costs and any other ancillary costs associated with collection of the Sale Item are excluded and are the responsibility of the Buyer.
- The Buyer may be requested by the Promoter to participate in a photo, video and/or film session, and other interviews (including without limitation, at the time at which the Sale Item is delivered to the Buyer). If the Buyer agrees to participate, the Buyer acknowledges that the Promoter, its affiliates and agencies have the right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any media (including, without limitation, the internet) or by any means and in any reasonable manner they see fit.
- This is a charity auction. All proceeds from the auction of Sale Item (net of statutory charges and LCT and GST) will be donated to Cancer Council Australia to be applied for charitable purposes.
- Cancer Council Australia is a registered charity in all States and Territories of Australia and holds a charitable fundraising licence.
- The Australian Taxation Office has ruled that donations are not tax-deductible if a person receives goods or services in return for the money given (e.g. the purchase of any items or experiences). For further information, visit the Australian Taxation Office website. Bidders should rely on their own independent financial and taxation advice prior to placing a bid. The Buyer is advised that tax implications may arise from the Sale Item and should seek independent financial and taxation advice prior to their acceptance of the Sale Item. The Buyer is responsible for all taxes which may be payable as consequence of receiving the Sale Item.
- Nothing in these terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees").
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the auction or the supply of the Sale Item.
- If this auction is interfered with in anyway or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorized intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the auction, as appropriate.
- Provided it has complied with all instructions and descriptions given by the Promoter, Bid For Good is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for any warranties or guarantees either explicit or implied herein including the quality, safety, or legality of any aspect of the Sale Item listed, the truth or accuracy of the listing or the ability to provide the Sale Item listed.
- Bidder's personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Auction and provide the Buyer with the Sale Item. The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including marketing agencies and IT providers, media outlets and related companies. By participating in the Auction, Bidders consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.