Borneo Trek eBay Auction
Sandakan Trek, MT Kinabalu Climb and White Water Rafting 11-Day Trek for Two
First it was Kokoda, last year they took on Everest Base camp and this year it’s on again! Join some of rugby league's legends in an adventure of a lifetime! Paul “The Chief” Harragon and Mark Hughes are set to take on Borneo, leaving Australia on the 24th October 2018. If you are the successful highest bidder, you and a friend will be sent on this experience that you will never forget.
Sandakan is one of the most tragic Australian stories of World War Two. But it’s also one of our most heroic. After the Sandakan Death March, you will reach Mt Kinabalu which is a great first time trekking mountain (4095m).Over the 11 days of the Sandakan Trek you will follow the footstep of those heroes who fought.
After reaching your destination at Mt Kinabalu, the following morning will be an early start to see the breathtaking sunrise from the peak. You will then descend to the starting point where you will then transfer to the Whitewater rafting point to raft down Kiulu River for two hours before heading back to Rasa Ria to celebrate your achievements.
- Depart Australia: 24 October
- Depart Kuala Lumpur: 4 November
- Trek Duration: 10N | 11 days
- Grade: Moderate to Hard
- Max elevation: 4095m
- Activities: Trekking, Cycling, White Water Rafting
- Transport Included: Flights to and from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, internal flights and hotel drop offs in Borneo.
- Max group size: 40
About the Charity
The Mark Hughes Foundation (MHF) is a not for profit organisation formed in Newcastle by Mark and Kirralee Hughes following Marks diagnosis with Brain Cancer in 2013. Mark is a well known and highly respected former Newcastle Knights Rugby League player, business and community identity who is undergoing treatment to fight brain cancer. The Mark Hughes Foundation has been formed to raise much needed funds to promote research, heighten awareness and support brain cancer patients (children and adults) and their families within the community.
- Return Economy Class Flights to Kuala Lumpur
- Airport/Hotel/Airport pick up & drop off by private car/van/bus
- One night pre trek at Sheraton Four points Hotel Sandakan, breakfast included
- One night post trek at Rasa Ria Beach Hotel
- Transport and trekking along the original Sandakan Death March route
- Visit to POW camp at Sandakan
- Visit to Sepilok Orangutan Centre
- See Full List of Inclusions
- Participants are responsible for ensuring they have a valid passport with a minimum of six-month validity period at the time of entry into BORNEO.
- Participants should have a high level of physical fitness and mobility and should be able to negotiate uneven surfaces, river crossings, and climb stairs as the program requirement. All treks involve physical activity every day. Participants are responsible for consulting their own doctors for a Doctor Clearance letter provided by Wild Spirit and vaccination requirements.
Terms & Conditions
- The item for sale is the Borneo Sandakan Trek MT Kinabalu Climb White Water Rafting NRL more particularly described in the eBay listing and photograph (“Experience”). The Promoter of the Experience is Nine Entertainment Company Holdings Ltd Pty Ltd ABN 88 008 685 407 (“The Promoter”). Wild Spirit Adventures ABN 89 134 437 906 (“Wild Spirit Adventures”) is the Promoter’s third-party provider of the Experience.
- Your participation in this auction constitutes acceptance of:
- Bid For Good ABN 96 984 486 617 (“Bid For Good”) is the Promoter’s agent managing the auction on behalf of and at the direction of the Promoter with the permission of the Mark Hughes Foundation ABN 17 622 847 376 to fundraise (“The Charity”).
- The auction is only open to Australian residents. The Promoter and Bid for Good may restrict the auction at any time, at their discretion, to prequalified bidders, as per clause 5.
- Bidding above $500 may be limited to pre-qualified bidders. If pre-qualification is put into place, bidders may be required to make an AU$50 PayPal authorisation deposit to Bid For Good’s PayPal account in order to qualify to bid. The authorisation deposit will be deducted and held by PayPal for the duration of the auction, however, after the close of the auction Bid For Good will void the PayPal authorisation of all non winning bidders (and the deposit will be released) and void the PayPal authorisation of the winning bidder following receipt of full cleared payment from the winning bidder.
- The Promoter may, at any time and in its reasonable discretion, also conduct further screening of bidders, including requesting additional documentation on a bidder’s ability to make payment or a bidder’s location. Only genuine bids and bidders with sufficient funds to purchase the item (at the highest amount that they choose to bid) are allowed.
- The Promoter reserves the right to reject a request to bid or to cancel already approved bids in its sole discretion, acting reasonably, where it believes a breach of these Terms and Conditions has occurred.
- The Promoter’s decision regarding any aspect of this auction is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be responsible for any bid that is not processed due to technical problems or delays.
- By making a bid, the bidder warrants that:
- It /he /she has read and understands these terms;
- It /he /she has full authority to engage in the transaction;
- All information provided to Bid For Good or the Promoter is true and complete;
- Their bid is genuine and the bidder has sufficient funds to purchase and make payment for the item at the highest price they bid;
- It/he/she did not rely on any representations made by Bid For Good or the Promoter other than as made on this eBay listing.
- The auction will commence at 8.30pm (AEST) on Thursday 17 May 2018 and conclude at 8.30pm (AEST) on Sunday 27 May
2018. The bidder who places the highest bid as at the end of the auction will be deemed to be the winning bidder, subject to verification (“Buyer”).The bidder who places the highest bid as at the end of the auction will be deemed to be the winning bidder, subject to verification (“Buyer”). The Buyer must make payment of the balance for the Experience by PayPal or Direct Bank Deposit into the account nominated by the Promoter within three (3) working days of the completion of the auction. PayPal payments attract a merchant fee from PayPal which will be deducted from the winning bid before proceeds are remitted to the Charity, however if the winning bidder pays by bank transfer then this will avoid any such merchant fees being deducted. Full payment instructions will be provided to the winning bidder at the conclusion of the auction. If payment is not made by this time, without prejudice to any of its other accrued or contingent rights and subject to the applicable laws, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion:
- Cancel any uncompleted contract with the Buyer and re-commence the auction;
- Cancel any uncompleted contract with the Buyer and enter into discussions with the next highest bidder;
- Charge the Buyer for, and the Buyer must indemnify the Promoter from, all costs and expenses (including without limitation all legal costs and expenses) incurred by it resulting from the default or in taking action to enforce compliance with the terms.
- The Charity will issue a tax invoice in the Buyer’s name for the winning bid amount (“Sale Price”).
- Following cleared payment the Buyer will receive confirmation from the Promoter with all details including contacts necessary to redeem the experience.
- The Sale Price will be held on trust until the Buyer receives the travel documentation and tickets for The Experience.
- The Participants are responsible for all expenses not stated including, without limitation, transport (other than as specified), insurances, surcharges, meals (other than specified), incidentals, spending money, items of a personal nature and all other ancillary costs.
- By participating in the Experience, the participants accept full responsibility for their decision to participate in the Experience and hold the Promoter harmless from any loss, injury, damage, cost, liability or expense suffered or incurred by a participant in connection with participating in the Experience.
- The Participants will be subject to, and must abide by the terms and conditions of the Promoter’s Agent.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse participation or retire any Participant/s who are deemed to be unfit or unprepared to complete the journey.
- No compensation will be payable if a participant is unable to participate in the Experience as stated and provided.
- Any period or date for delivery of the Experience stated by the Promoter is an estimate only and not a contractual commitment. The Promoter will use its reasonable endeavours to meet any estimated dates for delivery of the Experience but, to the extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Buyer or any third party for failure to meet any estimated date.
- All proceeds from the auction of the Experience (excluding any charges payable to PayPal on the Sale Amount) will be paid into an account held by the Charity.
- The Australian Taxation Office has ruled that donations are not tax-deductible if a person receives goods or services in return for the money given (e.g. the purchase of any items or experiences). For further information, visit the Australian Taxation Office website. Bidders should rely on their own independent financial and taxation advice prior to placing a bid.
- Subject to clause 24, payment for this item is non-refundable.
- In the unlikely event that the Experience becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter will notify the Buyer and the Sale Price will be refunded to the Buyer.
- Nothing in these terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the auction or the supply of the Experience (including but not limited to the Buyer’s or any other person’s assembly or acceptance/use of the Experience).
- If this auction is interfered with in anyway or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorized intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the auction, as appropriate.
- To the extent permitted by law, Bid For Good is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for any warranties or guarantees either explicit or implied herein including the quality, safety, or legality of any aspect of the Experience listed, the truth or accuracy of the listing or the ability to provide the Experience listed.
- In participating in the Experience, the Participants agree to co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The Participants grant the Charity a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use any footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the Participants will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The Participants agree that they will not sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
- The personal information you provide may be collected by and disclosed to the Promoter. The Promoter may use this information to conduct this auction and provide the Buyer with the Experience. If you have consented, the Promoter may also contact you with marketing material that may interest you in the future. For these purposes, the Promoter may also disclose such personal information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors and service providers. Participation in the auction is conditional on providing the requested personal information.
- No part of the content of this auction or associated pages (including photos, video, text, design) may be used without the written permission of the appropriate license holders.