Win a table at Noma Australia
We helped Noma Australia auction the last fifteen tables to the sold-out ten-week residency at Barangaroo, Sydney. at their final dinner service on Saturday April 2 – a special fundraising event in support of OzHarvest and MAD. The auctions raised over $90,000 for OzHarvest and MAD.
The restaurant’s final fifty-six guests received the complete Noma Australia tasting menu, pre-dinner aperitif, and the option of either the alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage pairing.
René Redzepi said: “Since announcing that we were coming to Sydney back in July, we have thrown around ideas as to what we could do for our final service. We always knew it should be a special night for our guests. It is also an opportunity for us to give back in a small way, a chance to raise money and recognise the work being done by our friends at OzHarvest and MAD, and to celebrate the welcome we’ve received and the new friendships that we have made throughout our Australian adventure.”
At the completion of the auction, successful bidders were contacted by Noma Australia to confirm their winning bid, booking time and discuss any dietary requirements.
eBay Charity Auction Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions govern the entry process for the Noma Australia Auction (“Auction”).
2. Information on how to participate in the Auction forms part of these conditions of entry. By submitting a bid in this Auction, you are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
3. Entry is open to all registered eBay account holders (“Eligible Bidder/s”). Eligible Bidders must have a registered eBay account to participate in the Auction.
4. A bid is deemed to be received at the time of its receipt by eBay and not at the time of transmission by the Eligible Bidder.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any Auction bid and Eligible Bidder (including a bidder’s identity, age and address), and at its sole discretion to reject a request to bid or disqualify a bidder that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
6. The Eligible Bidder who bids the highest amount (in Australian Dollars) in the Auction (the “Auction Winner”) will receive a dinner reservation and meal at noma australia located at Barangaroo, Sydney, Australia (“Restaurant”) consisting of the Restaurant tasting menu, alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage pairing, pre-dinner aperitif, coffee/tea and water (“Experience”). The Experience shall be for six people in total.
7. The Experience must be taken on the evening of Saturday 2nd April 2016 (“Experience Date”). The Promoter shall notify the Auction Winner of the starting time for their Experience. For the avoidance of doubt, the Experience/s shall commence at the Restaurant at either 7pm, 7.30pm, or 8pm (Sydney).
8. The location of the Auction Winner’s table within the Restaurant shall be determined by the Promoter at its sole discretion.
9. To receive the alcoholic beverage pairing, the Auction Winner and/or their guests, may be required to provide to the Promoter an acceptable form of identification including (a) photo driving license, (b) a passport, or (c) proof of age card. Failure to provide any such identification will see the Promoter provide to the Auction Winner and/or their guests, the Restaurant’s non-alcoholic beverage pairing. All service of alcohol at the Restaurant is subject to the Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) and the Restaurant’s NSW Liquor and Gaming license (License No. LIQL550025615). The Promoter’s decision regarding the service of alcohol is final and at its sole discretion.
10. For the avoidance of doubt, the Experience does not include, and the Auction Winner is responsible for, any and all other costs associated with claiming the Experience/s, including but not limited to, any travel and accommodation costs, insurance(s) and/or personal expenses incurred by the Auction Winner.
11. The Auction Winner must pay for their successful Lot and secured Experience within twenty-four (24) hours of the conclusion of the Auction.
12. The proceeds from the Auction, net of merchant fees (if applicable) and the Promoter’s food and beverage costs, shall be donated by the Promoter in equal parts to (a) Komiteen for MAD Symposium, a registered non-profit Association in the country of Denmark, and (b) Oz Harvest Limited, a registered charity in the State of New South Wales which holds a charitable fundraising license.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Experience.
14. Unless otherwise stipulated, the Experience is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. The Experience is not redeemable for cash and must be taken as offered by the Promoter.
15. If for any reason whatsoever the Auction Winner does not take their Experience or an element of their Experience, then the Experience or that element of the Experience will be forfeited by the Auction Winner, and cash will not be offered in lieu of the Experience.
16. The Experience may not be (a) sold, offered for sale, marketed or advertised to any third parties; (b) used as part of any promotional or commercial activities; or (c) transferred to any third party without prior written approval of the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. If the Experience is unavailable, the Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Experience (or that part of the Experience) with an alternative Experience to the equal value and/or specification, unless to do so would be prohibited by law.
18. If for any reason, the Promoter is not able to conduct the Auction as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, any technical difficulties or any other causes beyond its control, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Auction, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, including to (a) disqualify any Bidder, and/or (b) to cancel, suspend, modify, terminate or cancel the Auction.
19. The Promoter excludes all warranties in relation to the quality, suitability or merchantability of a prize, except those that cannot be excluded by law.
20. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its employees or agents for breach of any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian Law, is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.
21. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, the Promoter, its related corporations and associated agencies (and any of their personnel) exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any bidder (including the Auction) in connection with the Auction or a Lot, including, without limitation: (a) any indirect, economic or consequential loss; (b) any loss arising from the negligence of the Promoter, its related corporations and associated agencies (and any of their personnel); and (c) any liability for personal injury or death.
22. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter or its authorised agents for lost, ineligible, misdirected or late bids due to technical reasons or any other reason. Bids that are not genuine or are incomplete, late or in any way fraudulent may be declared void.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies, or purports to limit, exclude or modify, the statutory implied guarantees/warranties as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth), including the statutory consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law, or similar laws in the States and Territories of Australia.
25. Each Eligible Bidder consents, that if the Bidder becomes an Auction Winner, to the Promoter using the Bidder’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in an media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Auction (including any outcome), the Promoter and or products/services supplied by the Promoter.
26. No correspondence will be entered into in relation to the Auction and the Promoter’s decision is final and binding.
27. The Australian Taxation Office has ruled that donations are not tax-deductible if a person receives goods or services in return for the money given (e.g. the purchase of any items or experiences). For further information, visit the Australian Taxation Office website. Bidders should rely on their own independent financial and taxation advice prior to placing a bid. The Auction Winner/s is advised that tax implications may arise from the Experience and should seek independent financial and taxation advice prior to their acceptance of the Experience.
The Promoter is Noma Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 35 608 726 290) of 23 Barangaroo Avenue, Barangaroo, Sydney, NSW 2000.