Find your item on eBay
Finding your item when the auction starts
Items recently listed or revised on eBay might not appear immediately when you search or browse. Although listings are generally searchable within 24 hours, to help make eBay a safe place to buy and sell, there are times when this might take longer.
To find your listing, do one of the following:
- View the listing in My eBay: On the Activity tab of My eBay, under theSell section, click Active to see your current listings.
- Search by seller: Click Advanced Search at the top of most eBay pages and select By seller on the left side of the page.
- Search by item number: Click Advanced Search at the top of most eBay pages and select By item number on the left side of the page. If you don’t know your item number, you can look it up in your confirmation email or in My eBay.
Still can’t find your item?
If it’s been more than 24 hours and you still can’t find your item by searching or browsing, try the following:
- Check for errors in your item’s title: Avoid using special characters (such as !, /, @) in your title. Make sure you haven’t accidentally run two words together. For example, you might have entered your title as BeatlesPoster rather than Beatles Poster.
- Make sure your item is allowed on eBay: In some cases, items that aren’t allowed or that violate eBay rules won’t appear in Search. Check eBay’s Offensive Items Policy if you feel this might apply to your item.
- Make sure that you’re searching for words that are in your item’s title: Searching for Antique Clock won’t return your item if you haven’t used the words Antique and Clock in your title
Revising an eBay listing
Revising a listing allows you to add information to the description or to upload additional photos. You can add photos at any time, but you can only change an item description if no bids have been placed and there are more than 12 hours left on the auction.
To revise a listing, select the item from your active selling page, or choose Revise your item from the menu at the top of the item listing.
There are certain elements of listings that can’t be changed. For example:
- Auction-style listings can’t be changed to fixed price listings.
- An auction-style listing’s duration can’t be changed if two or more hours have passed since you submitted it.